A Vegan Keto Diet is an excellent way to lose weight without compromising on your health. This is because it consists of a lot of foods high in vegetable-fat like butter and nuts, tons of green vegetables, and a very limited intake of carbohydrates. A strict vegan keto diet allows the body to switch from processing glucose, a bi-product of carbs; to processing fat for energy, which is the body’s secondary source of energy. You can learn more about vegan diets and how it affects your body on https://www.veganatheart.org
While a vegan keto diet might sound overly restrictive and may have turned you off at some point because of its limited options. There are several amazing vegan keto recipes for a delicious meal.
Description: This is a rather odd name for a recipe especially considering it contains no oats. It is an awesome breakfast food and can be prepared quickly in less than 30 minutes. If you are not a fan of maple you can also substitute with apple flavoring.
Maple flavoring (1tsp)
Sunflower seeds (10g)
Unsweetened almond milk (250ml)
Chia seeds (1tbs)
- For a few seconds blend your chia seeds, sunflower seeds, walnut, and pecan using a food processor until it is in a fine granular form
- Mix your granular contents with the unsweetened almond milk in a bowl to form a slightly liquid paste-like form
- Allow the mixture to simmer in a sizeable pot until it thickens. Remember to stir it slowly to avoid it from burning.
- Serve with blueberries or other preferable fruit choice toppings.
Estimated time: 25 minutes
- Cauliflower mashed potatoes
Description: Cauliflower is a healthy vegetable that is low in carbs and excellent for several vegan keto recipes. Cauliflower can be made into several forms, including a mashed potato-like form that can be made very quickly for a sumptuous meal. So you don’t need any potatoes for this recipe
Non-diary milk (1 tsp)
Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Boil 2 liters of water in a large pot and allow your cauliflower to cook with some garlic
- Add some non-diary milk (note: not all at once) and ginger to taste
- Sieve the cauliflower with a colander once it has been cooked and blend with a food processor until it matches a consistency perfect for you.
- Serve with butter, freshly ground pepper and whatever other toppings you wish to add
Estimated time: 15 minutes
- Green Kale Salad
Description: salads are healthy and a paleo triple green kale salad is the perfect side dish for any meal. Just make sure you cut it into small pieces that are easier to chew. This dish, in particular, is so good because Kale is a great source of Vitamin C, has a lot of natural antioxidants and is great for your heart. For more health benefits of kale, click here.
Flaxseed oil(2 tsp)
Sesame oil (2 tsp)
Note: The last ingredients should be added to taste.
- Using a flat chopping board slice your kale into tiny edible pieces
- In a clean bowl, mix the chopped kale with the sesame oil, flaxseed oil, garlic, and ginger.
- To spice up your salad, add the sliced avocado, hemp seeds, snow peas, scallions, and coconut aminos
Estimated time: 10 minutes
- Zucchini noodles with avocado sauce
Description: This is a savory side dish that makes a great pasta recipe that even kids can enjoy. You can substitute zucchini for other vegetables like pumpkin or cucumber
1 Zucchini (Vegetable of choice)
1 ripe Avocado
Pine Nuts (3 tbs)
Lemon juice(2 tbs)
- Using a peeler, make the zucchini into several noodles like strands.
- In a blender, ensure the avocado, pine nuts, basil, lemon juice, and water are evenly mixed into a fine sauce
- Serve the zucchini noodles with the avocado sauce and diced tomatoes for a splash of color
Estimated time: 10 minutes
There are several other vegan keto recipes to try to ensure your diet is fun to do and your palette never gets boring. Thankfully, most of them are easy and quick to make and enough nutrients to keep your body fit and healthy, while burning off those excess bits of fat.