How Long Does THC Stay In Urine?
At the end of the day, if you are really concerned about the levels of THC in your urine, you’re probably worried because you have to take a drug test for a new job or your current employer very soon.
If you’re lucky, this will not be a surprise drug test and you’ll be able to prepare for it ahead of time. Otherwise you’ll have a difficult time clearing THC out of your urine if you only have a couple of hours to make this happen.
Regular weed smokers are going to be concerned about how long THC will stay in their system. And it makes sense because they don’t want to lose their job or anything else that could potentially cause a negative effect in their life.
So, we are going to take a look at urine tests and talk about how they work.
If you need to learn about this information, you’re in luck, because we are going to discuss it in greater detail right now.
How Long Will THC Positively Show up in My Urine?
As you can imagine, just about every drug test will have varying results depending on a number of different factors. Testing for THC in urine levels is just like any other drug and it will have factors that affect the testing.
Things like how often you smoke marijuana or ingest it, how often of a dose you take of THC, and the way your body metabolizes the THC are going to have a major impact on the test itself.
So, I can only give you ballpark estimates and roundabout figures. Your body is going to be different than somebody else’s, and it’s impossible to tell you exactly how long it will clear your system since I don’t know you, I don’t know your history with the drug, and I don’t know how fast your metabolism works.
But here’s the breakdown to help you gain a better understanding.
- According to one study, people can test positive for THC in their urine for as long as 27 days. Ultimately, this is not normal though, so don’t freak out because it really depends on other factors like the length of use and how much THC is in your system to begin with.
- If you only smoke marijuana one time and are not a chronic user of this drug, it’s going to stay in your system for about a week. In fact, it could leave your system as quickly as five days and stay in your urine for as long as eight days.
- If you smoke pot about 2 to 4 times a week, the THC will only show up in a urine test for about 11 to 18 days. 11 will be the lowest and 18 will be the highest.
- If you smoke chronically for about 5 to 6 times a week, your urine will have THC in it for 33 to 48 days.
- And if you are a daily smoker, THC can show up in your urine for 49 to 63 days.
Please keep this info in mind if you’re taking a drug test in the near future.