Lower back and hip pain becomes the norm for most people in the latter half of their lives. Though there are different methods and treatments (medical and non-medical) that claim to help treat the pain, the majority fail and offer little in the form of relief.
Unlock Your Hip Flexors is a product that claims to provide a permanent solution to the problem.
What is Unlock Your Hip Flexors?
As aforementioned, the product is designed to provide vitality and strength to your hips and back. The e-book comprises good amount of information about biomechanics and anatomy that’s broken down into simpler words and sentences so that even a fifth grader could understand the text.
The strategies and techniques discussed in the book have been tested on several hundred people to help them eliminate their shoulder, back, elbow, knee issues, and other similar pains. Moreover, Rick has taught these strategies to more than 8,000 fitness and health professionals across the globe.
About The Authors
The book is authored by Rick Kaselj and Mike Westerdal. The information that they have compiled into this book is courtesy Rick’s personal struggles with pain and injuries, and isn’t based on external sources such as seminars and books.
Rick is an injury specialist, by the way. Mike, on the other hand, is a kettlebell instructor and personal trainer who has associated with Rick to come up with this product.
What Does the Book Offer To Unlock Your Hips?
A strong and healthy hip is imperative for an individual to carry out routine physical functions such as walking, running, sitting, standing, etc. This e-book emphasizes the importance of having healthy hips.
Moreover, it throws light on the conditions or problems that can be solved with unlocking tight hip flexors – such as:
• Improper posture
• Reduced athletic performance
• Pain in the lower back, hip, and/or legs
• Hips locking up
• High anxiety
• Compromised immune system
• Sexual performance issues
• Sleeping troubles
• Digestive issues
• Circulatory problems
Among the conditions mentioned above, a few are primary symptoms of a bad hip, and the remaining are offshoots of the major symptoms. In other words, if the four major symptoms are taken care of, the remaining problems will also subside simultaneously.
The book also talks about the two primary actions leading to tight hip flexors: sitting, and overload of a particular pattern. For instance, standing for an extended time period at a stretch.
Contrary to common perception, mere stretching of the hip flexors isn’t sufficient enough to clear all hip-related issues. Opening the hips’ muscles have to be done in a sequence, similar to how a sheet is unfolded or a parcel is unpacked.
If a particular muscle is opened before another, the hip’s tightness would only increase. And if the whole sequence is jumbled or the stretching is not done right, things can get worse.
The core benefit does not just lie in the techniques performed but also in doing them in the correct sequence.
Mike and Rick call the right sequence “The Sequential Flow Method” .
This method works in tandem with the body to initialize the natural healing process, improve flexibility, and add vitality and strength.
Doing the movements right will help to unravel all the tissues, including the connective tissue, muscle, joint capsules, and fascia.
The sequential flow method comprises multiple components:
• PNF Stretching: A Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation technique helps activate a particular muscle to relax the joint muscles, thereby decreasing the stiffness surrounding the joint.
• Dynamic Stretching: The stretch helps activate the muscle surrounding the joint and improving circulation near the joint.
• Three-Dimensional Core Stability Regime: Courtesy of these exercises, the program targets the muscle within all movement planes, leading to a reduction in unnecessary stress on joints.
• Mobility Exercise: With these exercises, the program targets the joint and has exercises and movements that assist with the joints. This lets a joint move much more freely.
• Fascia Stretching: With this technique, the focus is to lengthen and loosen the fascia.
• Muscle Activation Movements: Because of all the routine technology use and sitting, most of our muscles aren’t working correctly. Thanks to this technique, the inactive muscles are activated so that the body can move much more efficiently.
The Program Includes
The program comprises a DVD video and an instructions manual. The DVD is the program’s foundation wherein correct form and muscle usage is discussed by Rick. The video content is split in a couple of parts.
The first part is instructional where every exercise is discussed in detail, along with the best techniques, likely results, and everything else needed for getting the “sequential flow” right.
The second part has demos performed by Rick, which helps you to perform all the exercises sans any further explanations. Everything is laid out in the simplest manner possible.
The manual goes in-depth about the different muscles, especially the critical psoas muscle. The manual would also have pictures for easier comprehension. There are a couple of bonuses included too.
The program costs $50, and for that price, the product is a steal. Give the product a shot if chronic back pain has become a part and parcel of your life. We cannot categorically comment on the benefits you would derive. But one thing is for sure: the program is not a scam, and worth a shot for the issues this may help alleviate!